EXPRESSIONS TO GIVE OPINION

EXPRESSIONS TO GIVE OPINION

OBJECTIVE

By the end of the lesson, students should be able to express opinion about intresting topics.

WARM UP

GRAMMAR

Personal Point of View
We use these words and phrases to express a personal point of view:                    
  • I think... / I don’t think ...
  • I believe... / I don’t believe .
  • In my opinion…
  • Personally, I think…
  • I'd say that…
  • I'd suggest that…
  • What I mean is…
  • I like …   I don´t like
  • I love
  • I enjoy…
  • I hate …
  • For me …
  • In my experience ...

Agreeing with an opinion
We use these words and phrases to agree with someone else's point of view:
  • Of course.
  • You're absolutely right.
  • Yes, I agree.
  • I think so too.
  • That's a good point.
  • Exactly.
  • That's true.
  • I agree with you entirely.
  • That's just what I was thinking.
  • I couldn't agree more.

Disagreeing with an opinion

We use these words and phrases to disagree with someone else's point of view:
  • That's different.
  • I don't agree with you.
  • However…
  • That's not entirely true.
  • On the contrary…
  • I'm sorry to disagree with you, .
  • I'm not so sure about that.

Asking for someone’s opinion

Do you agree?
What do you think?
What do you think about ... (this)?
Do you think that’s right?
What’s your view?
Are you OK with that?
ACTIVITIES

WRITING

Write the meannings of
Drinking  _________________              Fill _____________________

Etiquette _______________                   Empty ___________________

Rules __________________                   Hands ___________________

Glass ___________________                 Sip ______________________

Chopsticks _______________                Seat _____________________

Scold ___________________                 leave ____________________

Tip _____________________                 Shout ___________________

Waiter ___________________                Fight ____________________

Shove ___________________                Elbow ___________________

Ink _____________________                 Hold ____________________

Die _____________________                 Receive _________________

Rude ___________________                  Share ____________________

Greedy __________________                 Travel __________________   

LISTENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALW-To76E44

READING

SOUTH KOREAN CULTURE & SOCIETY

Religion & Beliefs

  • South Korea supports religious freedom
  • Confucianism, Buddhism and Christianity are the main formal religions
  • Many Koreans believe in the ancestral spirit and observe Confucian rituals
  • Confucianism is a political and social philosophy that pervades Korean culture

Major Celebrations/Secular Celebrations

  • There are two main national holidays
  • New Year’s Day (second full moon after winter solstice)
  • Chuseok (the eighth full moon)
  • Celebrations for these festivals are based around ancestors, family, games, harvest festivals and food.

The Family

  • The family unit is an integral part of customs and life in South Korea
  • Arranged marriages are common
  • Marriage is regarded as a rite of passage
  • Divorce was rare but has become more common in recent years
  • Patriarchal lineage is ubiquitous and links ancestors through the husband’s line
  • Traditionally, the eldest son inherited, however, this has recently altered and is now equal by law
  • The eldest son bears extra responsibility to his family and it is supposed that he will care for his parents in their old age

Food

  • Korean cuisine is based on rice, vegetables and meat
  • ‘Kimchi’ is the national dish and is eaten with most meals
  • Kimchi is made from a variety of vegetables which are then fermented and can be stored for long periods of time
  • Banchan are side dishes – these are often made in large numbers and are served along with the main dish
  • Food is used in ceremonies, especially at weddings, birthdays and to honour ancestor

Meeting & Greeting

  • Bowing is the traditional way to greet in South Korea
  • Handshakes often accompany the bow among men
  • Your left hand should support your right forearm when shaking hands
  • Korean women do not always shake hands and may slightly nod instead of a full bow
  • Always bow to individuals when departing
Taken from https://www.commisceo-global.com/resources/country-guides/south-korea-guide


SPEAKING

Students express opinions abot the Corean culture.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

PAST CONTINUOUS

SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE

GREETINGS AND FAREWELLS